On August 18th, 1912 in Sofia “The Bulgarian-Czech Shareholding Company For Sugar Industry” was established.
That same year, a 550 decare plot was purchased near Gorna Oriahovitsa.
The break of the Balkan War posed major difficulties. The builders wеre called up.
On June 14th, 1913 the strongest earthquake in the history of Gorna Oriahovitsa began. Some of the factory buildings were demolished, the equipment remaining under the rubble.
On December 8th, 1913 The Sugar Factory in Gorna Oriahovitsa began its first campaign.
In order to utilize the molasses - a waste product from sugar cane processing - an ethyl alcohol production factory was built in 1923.
In 1927 the nearby confectionery factory was bought.
In 1948 the company was nationalized. It was renamed to “State ZAHARNI ZAVODI“.
The state management came with enthusiasm and desire for change. Fundamental productions were re-constructed. Some of the existing facilities closed down.
On January 1st, 1960 construction of in-house thermal-electric power station began. The project was backed by the entire might of the socialist state.
In 1969 the Mechanical Repairs Factory was built.
PRINTING AND PACKAGING
In 1970 one of the largest polygraphy bases in Bulgaria was built.
Parallel to establishing new production facilities, the state also invested in improving the environment.
In 2002 the company was fully privatized with Bulgarian capital only.
NEW BEGINNING 2002-2017
More than BGN 94 million were invested in the company.